In-Sight Laser Profiler 2D
An easy-to-use measurement system for inspecting and verifying product dimensions
The In-Sight laser profiler is a measurement system used to verify dimensionality for gauging, inspection, and ID applications.
The In-Sight laser profiler is configured using the In-Sight EasyBuilder user interface. This intuitive, easy-to-use software makes it simple for manufacturing and quality engineers to develop, deploy, and support accurate and reliable measurements on the factory floor.
Set up and deploy in 4 easy steps
- Acquire Profile—With a click of a button, profile optimization technology renders the most accurate outline of your part.
- Locate Object—Sophisticated object detection technology minimizes the need for costly fixturing and ensures measurements are performed in the correct location.
- Measure—Flexible In-Sight laser profiler toolset extracts features, constructs reference points, counts key features, and verifies whether a product has been manufactured within tolerance.
- Communicate Results—Measurements are sent to a PLC or an overall pass/fail is sent directly to a discrete output. Profiles and measurements can be stored on a controller for downstream analysis or quality control logging.
Monitor production line activity from anywhere on the factory floor
The In-Sight laser profiler offers mobile, platform-independent visualization for accessing HMIs (human machine interfaces) from anywhere on the network. An HTML-based user interface allows users to monitor production line activity from any laptop, tablet, smart phone or other mobile device.
Trusted technology for reliable, repeatable results
The In-Sight laser profiler system combines Cognex displacement sensor heads with the In-Sight VC200 vision controller. Using industry-leading algorithms, the system extracts the profile, performs highly accurate measurements and analyses the results. Advanced vision tools provide an accurate surface location even if the surface has defects.
|Near Field of View (mm)||43||64||90||23,4|
|Far Field of View (mm)||79||162||410||29,1|
|Clearance Distance (mm)||87||135||180||53,5|
|Measurement Range (mm)||76||220||725||25|
|Resolution X (mm)||0,059-0,090||0,079-0,181||0,101-0,457||0,0183-0,0227|
|Resolution Z (mm)||0,004-0,014||0,010-0,052||0,016-0,265||0,002|
Easy deployment with Cognex Designer™ software
Easy to use software simplifies setup procedures and makes it a snap to perform 3D measurements.
World-class 3D and 2D vision tools
- Height, volume, plane-fitting, tilt, and cross-section tools
- PatMax®, IDMax® and OCRMax™ algorithms
Cognex 3D Displacement Sensors Accessories
The following accessories are available for all Cognex 3D Displacement Sensor integration
- Ethernet cable: 5m, IP65-rated
- Power: + I/O + Encoder cable, IP65-rated
The following accessories are available for DS1000 Series integration only
- Mounting bracket
- Stainless steel enclosure, IP69K-rated for the food industry
Food and Pharmaceutical Production
Verify shape, size and number of objects, object volume, and number of objects in a container on food and pharmaceutical production lines.
Electronics and Consumer Products
Perform inspections and assembly verifications on small objects on electronics and consumer product lines where component presence, location, and seating need to be confirmed.
Perform 3D inspection applications in environments featuring low contrast and lighting and read embossed or raised codes on automobile and auto part assembly lines.